This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Words in Place of Name Worksheet Exercises for Class 2 Examples with Answers CBSE PDF
- We use I, he, she, it, we you, they so that we don’t have to repeat the names of people, places or things.
- Use I, He, She, It in place of names of only one person.
- Use We, You, They in place of names of more than one person.
- This is used for an object that is nearby.
- That is used for an object that is far away. (one object)
- These is used for objects that are neraby.
- Those is used for objects that are far away. (more than one objects)
Another Word for Place Names for Class 2 CBSE PDF
A. Choose the words that can take the place of naming word in the following sentences.
1. (Raju) went to school. – He – She _____________
2. The (girls) were there. – She – They _____________
3. (Anu and I) will come. – We – You _____________
4. Will (Sita) come too? – She – It _____________
5. Give (the cat) to me. – We – It _____________
B. Use other words in place of the underlined names.
1. Ram is a good student. Ram is also a good athlete.
2. The boys were reading. But in the evening, the boys were playing.
3. Sudha plays badminton. Sudha also plays table tennis.
4. The horses were grazing. Then the horses came back.
5. Harish went to the hospital. Harish returned home when Harish got well.
C. Write ‘this’ or ‘these’.
1. ___________ chair
2. ___________ chairs
3. ___________ sandwich
4. ___________ things
5. ___________ children
6. ___________ place
7. ___________ houses
8. ___________ pants.
D. Write ‘that’ or ‘those’.
1. ____________ picture
2. ____________ men
3. ____________ eggs room
4. ____________ socks
5. ____________ tree
6. ____________ woman
7. ____________ people
E. Look at the picture given below. Write a sentence using other name to answer each question about the picture.
1. What is the boy doing?
2. What is the girl doing?
3. Where is the monkey?
4. What is the color of the sky?
5. What are the old man and the old woman doing?
6. What are the birds doing?
1. He is __________________
Me, Us, You, Him, Her, It, Them Worksheet for Grade 2 CBSE PDF
- Me, us, you, him, her, it, them are also a part of other names which are used in place of other names like I, we, you, he, she, it, they.
- Me naming word introduces I in the sentence.
- Us naming word introduces We in the sentence.
- Him naming word introduces He in the sentence.
- Her naming word introduces She in the sentence.
- It naming word introduces object in the sentence.
- Them naming word introduces They in the sentence.
Words in Place of Name Worksheet Exercises for Class 2 Look at the examples.
I am Vikram. Call me Vicky.
We are students. Tell us a story.
She is my sister. I love her very much.
He is my brother. I love him very much.
You are my student. I tell you stories.
They are our parents. We love them.
It is a pencil. Sharpen it, please.
They are our cows. We give them good grass.
You are my friend. Let me give you a pen.
It is a cat.
Read the picture story.
“Hi Anju can you come to my house to play with me?” asks Sanju.
“My Mother wants me to do my homework. She will let me play only after I finish it.” replies Anju.
“Fine… I will play with my dog till you come. It can run and catch my ball. You can join us after you finish your homework.” says Sanju.
A. Answer the following questions.
1. What does Sanju ask Anju?
2. Why does Anju’s mother not allow her to play?
3. Which naming word is used in place of dog?
B. From the story above, write naming words for the following other names.
a. We __________________
b. She __________________
c. It __________________
d. Us __________________
C. Fill in the blanks with other names.
1. Mr. Rohit is a policeman. __________________catches thieves.
2. Ms. Reena is a teacher. __________________ teaches in a school.
3. Boys and girls go to school. __________________ learn to read and write.
4. The elephant is a wild animal. __________________ lives in a jungle.
5. I have a piece of meat. I will give __________________ to the dog .
6. My father loves me and I love __________________ too.
7. I have many books. I keep __________________ in my bag.
8. My mother is very nice. I love __________________ a lot.
Me, Us, You, Him, Her, It, Them Worksheet for Grade 2 with Answers CBSE PDF
A. Draw a line to join each of the other names with the names that they introduce.
B. Fill in the blanks with correct other names.
1. Pawan and I are brothers. __________________ share a bedroom together.
2. Suman isn’t well. Dad is taking __________________ to see a doctor.
3. My brother is a teacher. __________________ teaches English
4. All his students like __________________ very much.
5. Children, __________________ are making noise will be punished?
6. Who are those people? Where are __________________ from?
7. Mom is a doctor. __________________ works in a hospital.
8. The sky is getting dark. __________________ is going to rain.
C. In the pair of sentences given below, one sentence has the correct another name. Write the letter ‘a’ or ‘b’ on the line to indicate the correct sentence.
1. a) It belongs to you. – b) It belongs to your ____________
2. a) I see his kite. – b) I see he kite ____________
3. a) Come with us. – b) Come with we ____________
4. a) Watch I do it – b) Watch me do it ____________
5. a) Give it to she. – b) Give it to her ____________
6. a) I know him best. – b) I know he best ____________
7. a) You can have it. – b) Your can have it ____________
8. a) It is for they. – b) It is for them ____________
9. a) Here we come. – b) Here us come ____________
10. a) Tell she to hurry. – b) Tell her to hurry ____________
11. a) Give I the cat. – b) Give me the cat ____________
12. a) It is mine coat. – b) It is my coat ____________