This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
How Words Worksheet Exercises for Class 2 Examples with Answers CBSE
- Words that tells us more about doing words are called How Words.
- It shows how an action is done. Look at the examples given below.
Read the following sentences.
In the above examples
- How Words end in-ly. Look at the examples.
Slow – slowly, Loud – loudly, Brave – bravely, Sweet – sweetly, Sad – sadly, Quick – quickly,
Bright – brightly, Kind – kindly, Right – rightly, Bad – badly, Wise- wisely, Happy – happily
Read the picture story.
Mohit has participated in writing Olympiad enthusiastically. He practiced for this competition seriously.
He practiced silently. During the competition he wrote slowly and neatly. He used his words artistically.
Humbly and Kindly, Judges announced the result with Mohit as the winner. Well Done!…. Mohit accepted his trophy happily.
A. Answer the following questions from the story above.
1. How did Mohit practice? _____________
2. How did Mohit write? _____________
3. How did Mohit accept the trophy? _____________
B. Describe the way you do things.
1. How do you think? _____________
2. How do you fight? _____________
3. How do you sing? _____________
4. How do you dance? _____________
5. How do you walk? _____________
How Words Worksheet Exercises with Answers PDF CBSE
A. Look at the pictures. Choose the correct ‘How’ Word from the box to fill in the blanks.
neatly, angrily, quickly, sadly, slowly heavily, happily, brightly, loudly, beautifully
1. Laugh ____________
2. Run ____________
3. Shout ____________
4. Sun ____________
5. Walk ____________
6. Cry ____________
7. Smile ____________
8. Write ____________
9. Dance ____________
B. Tick the correct word.
1. She could hard/hardly walk after the accident.
2. I live near/nearly the supermarket.
3. We will go on a vacation short/shortly.
4. She is too short/shortly. She cannot be a model.
5. The quiz is easy/easily.
C. Make how words by adding -ly.
- Slow – Slowly
1. Careful – _____________
2. Quick – _____________
3. Loud – _____________
4. Terrible – _____________
5. Weak – _____________
6. Happy – _____________