This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Future Continuous Tense Exercises for Class 4 CBSE with Answers PDF
- Actions that will be in progress at a certain point or at a certain time period in the future, are called Future Continuous Tense.
- Verb endings do not change in the future tense. We only use the future tense.
- Phrases “will” or “going” are used to show an action or fact pertains to the future.
[will be] [verb + “ing”]
- The verb “to be” has an irregular conjugation: I [am], he/she/it [is], you/ we/ they [are]
Read the picture story.
A. Answer the following questions as per the story.
1. What is going to happen at the beginning of the parade? ___________
2. What will the Mayor be doing? ___________
3. What will Tom and grandfather be doing when the Mayor passes them? ___________
B. Fill in the blanks with the right words from the word bank.
Today there is ___________ to be a parade. At the beginning of the parade, the Mayor is going to be ___________ by in his carriage. The horse will be pulling the carriage and the ___________ will be waving at the crowd.
Tom ___________ his grandfather will be standing in front of the store when the Mayor passes ___________ Tom and his grandfather will be watching and waving. Everyone will ___________ having a good time at a parade.
Future Continuous Tense Exercises with Answers CBSE for Class 4 PDF
A. Write the correct form of the future progressive tense using “will”.
1. I ___________ (to do) my homework tomorrow.
2. Weil, I guess we ___________ (to ride) the bus to work next week.
3. He ___________ (to eat) roast beef for dinner.
4. At 7: 30 tonight, I ___________ (to watch) a movie.
5. I hope it ___________ (to rain) at this time tomorrow.
6. Jane not ___________ (to quit) her job on Monday.
7. My sister probably ___________ (to go) to camp this summer.
B. Change the verb in the correct future continuous form.
1. He ___________ (wait) for quite some time.
2. Tomorrow at this time I ___________ (dance) at a party.
3. Next week at this time I ___________ (sunbathe) at the beach.
4. At 5 o’clock you ___________ (help) your brother.
5. This evening at 8 o’clock, she ___________ (watch) a movie with her friends.
6. Nitin ___________ (have) a hard time.
7. We ___________ (smile), and they ___________ (cry).
8. Rani ___________ (clean) the house, and Jimmy ___________ (wash) the dishes.
9. Tonight they ___________ (talk), ___________ (dance) and ___________ (have) a good time.
10. it ___________ (rain) tonight.