This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Apostrophe Exercise for Class 4 CBSE with Answers PDF
We use an apostrophe with’s to show that something belongs to someone.
- This is Michael’s room.
- This is my Dad’s desk.
- Are you Kathleen’s mom?
- This dog’s tail is very long.
- The teacher collects everyone’s books at the end of the class.
- Jack is going to his friend’s house for lunch.
We use an apostrophe to show where one or more letters are missing in a contraction.
- I’m (= am) the boy who lives next door.
- She’s (= is) my best friend.
- He’s (= has) been to Europe twice.
- We’re (= are) going to the zoo today.
- You’re (= are) my favourite uncle.
- I’d (= had) better go home now.
Apostrophe Exercises with Answers for Grade 4 CBSE PDF
A. Write the contraction for each pair of words. Example: would not – wouldn’t
1. has not _________
2. are not _________
3. we are _________
4. heis _________
5. I am _________
6. they would _________
7. she will _________
8. we have _________
B. Rewrite the following in the possessive form.
the lunch that belongs to Joey – Joey’s lunch
1. the phone that belongs to Anita – __________________
2. the tools that belong to my dad – __________________
3. the tail on the cat –
C. Complete each sentence. Write the possessive forms of the noun given in the brackets.
1. This is _____________ textbook. (Emma)
2. The _____________ shirt is pink. (girl)
3. That _____________ feathers are bright blue. (bird)
4. Do you know which one is _____________ jacket? (Olivia)
S. The _____________ toy is wet. (dog)
6. Your _____________ house is very nice. (family)
7. Are these _____________ coins? (grandpa)
8. The _____________ stall ¡s clean now. (horse)
9. _____________ uniform needs to be washed. (Ben)
10. The _____________ teddy bear ¡s a new brand. (baby)