This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Adverbs Exercises for Class 4 CBSE with Answers PDF
- Words that tells us more about doing words are called How Words.
- They show how an action is done. How words are also called Adverbs.
- Adverbs end in-ly. Look at the examples.
slow – slowly, loud – loudly, brave – bravely, sweet – sweetly, sad – sadly
- An adverb is generally placed after the verb it describes. An adverb can also be placed away from the verb.
- Some adverbs tells us the way or how the action is done. Quietly, badiy, suddenly, quickly, slowly tells how the action is done. This is called Adverbs of Manner.
- Some adverbs tell us where the action takes place. Here, there, above and outside tell us where an action takes place. This is called Adverbs of Place.
- Some adverbs tell us when the action takes place. They tell at what time an action happens. Late, early, yesterday, tomorrow are the adverbs of time. These are called Adverbs of Time.
Adverbs Exercises for Grade 4 With Answers CBSE PDF
A. Choose the correct adverbs of manner to complete the sentences.
1. The old man walks ____________ (always/everywhere/slowly)
2. The child slept ____________ (daily/soundly/often)
3. We were received very ____________ (lately/ kindly/ frequently)
4. She sang in the concert, ____________ (daily/well/everywhere)
5. It is raining ____________ (heavily/everywhere/daily)
B. Choose the correct adverbs of place to complete the sentences.
1. The little lamb followed Mary ____________ (repeatedly/ everywhere/slowly)
2. You are welcome to come ____________ and study with me. (in the evening/ to my house)
3. Hang the picture ____________ (neatly/there/always)
4. The soldiers dug a bunk ____________ (yesterday/sometimes/under the ground)
C. Choose the correct adverbs of time to complete the sentences.
1. They are to be married ____________ (next week/soundly)
2. I hurt my knee ____________ (there/yesterday/early)
3. My brother arrived ____________ (late/home/rapidly). He missed the bus.
4. I have heard this ____________ (there/before/sometimes)
5. We go jogging ____________ (in the morning/near here/quickly)
D. Underline the adverbs in the sentences given below.
1. He worked the sum quickly.
2. She danced gracefully.
3. Ansh drove home slowly in his car.
4. Kabir did his homework neatiy.
5. Mother kissed me gently on the cheek.