This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Adverbs of Frequency Exercises for Class 4 CBSE with Answers PDF
They tell how often or how frequently an action is done. Twice, often, seldom, usually, everyday, never, always are the words of adverbs of frequency. Adverbs of frequency come after the verb “to be.” (am, is, are, was, were)
- I am always happy to see you.
- You are never ready for school on time!
Read the picture story.
Mary has a lot of hobbies and interests. She usually gets up early so she can go for a run before work. Mary often rides a horse at a stable near her home. She sometimes goes there after work, but she usually goes horseback riding on Sundays.
She loves music. She always goes to choir practice on Wednesday evenings and sings in church on Sundays. She doesn’t have much extra money, so she rarely goes to concerts in the city.
She seldom watches TV because she never gets the time. She occasionally does something alone, but she is usually accompanied with one of her friends. She’s a happy woman!
A. Answer the following questions as per the story.
1. What does Mary do often? ____________
2. What does Mary always love? ____________
3. What does Mary prefer, to do things alone or with her friends? ____________
Adverbs of Frequency Exercises With Answers Pdf for Class 4 CBSE
A. Put the adverbs of frequency in the right place. The first one has been done for you.
1. He listens to the radio, (often)
He often listens to the radio.
2. They read a book, (sometimes)
3. Peter gets angry, (never)
4. Tom is very friendly, (usually)
5. I take sugar in my coffee, (sometimes)
6. Raman is hungry, (often)
7. My grandmother goes for a walk in the evening, (always)
8. Walter helps his father in the kitchen, (usually)
9. They watch TV in the afternoon, (never)
10. Christine walks after dinner, (seldom)
B. Correct the following sentences and rewrite them in the space provided. The first one has been done for you.
1. My sister is punctual always.
My sister is always punctual.
2. David sometimes is a bit sad.
3. Our teacher gives often us a lot of homework.
4. We write usually our composition for the English class.
5. She is late to work never.
6. Hardly ever I go to the cinema.
7. We revise for our tests usually.
C. Rearrange the words to make sentences. The first one has been done for you.
1. Mary / punctual / always / is / to school.
Mary is always punctual to school.
2. often /I / revise / don’t / my homework.
3. We / visit / hardly ever / at weekends / museums.
4. My parents / never / travel / in summer / abroad.
5. celebrate / my birthday /I / usually / with my friends.
6. grandmother / our / at home / always / is / in the evenings.
7. Mike / never / is / at home / at weekends.