A Notice a formal means of communication. The purpose of a Notice to announce or display information to a specific group of people. Notices are generally meant to be pinned up on specific display boards whether in schools or in public places. Notices issued by the government appear in newspapers.
This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. This section Covered Notice Writing for Class 8 Format, Examples, Topics and Exercises.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 English will help you to write better answers in your Class 10 exams. Because the Solutions are solved by subject matter experts.
Notice Writing Class 8 Format, Examples, Topics, Exercises
A Notice should be written in the following format:
- the name of the organisation issuing the Notice
- the title ‘Notice
- a heading to introduce the subject of the Notice
- the date
- the body of the Notice
- the writer’s signature, name (in block letters) and designation
Name of organisation/office issuing the Notice
Body of letter
Points to remember:
- A well-written Notice must inform the readers about the 5 Ws:
- What is going to happen, (that is, the event)
- Where it will take place
- When it will take place (that is, the date and time)
- Who can apply or is eligible for it
- Whom to contact or apply to (that is, the issuing authority)
- Only the most important points should be written.
- One is free to add any relevant information not included in the question.
- The sentences should be short and grammatically accurate. They should be in the passive voice as far as possible.
- The Notice should be presented within a box.
- The word limit for a Notice is 40–50 words (only the words in the body of the Notice are counted).
- Information given in a Notice must be clear and should not cause any misunderstanding Or confusion.
- A Notice must be catchy and appealing – it should attract the reader’s attention at once.
- Increase the visual appeal of your Notice by using bold letters, catchy slogans, striking words and phrases, etc.
- Standard abbreviations are allowed.
Notice Writing Solved Examples With Answers for Class 8 CBSE
The Residents’ Welfare Association, Swasthya Vihar is organising a ‘Holi Fiesta’ in the locality. As the president of the association, draft a Notice in not more than 50 words informing the residents about the same.
The Residents’ Welfare Association, Swasthya Vihar
The Residents’ Welfare Association, Swasthya Vihar is organising a ‘Holi Fiesta’ in the colony as per schedule:
The residents are requested to come along with their families for a celebration.
You are Pankaj Jain, the sports captain of December Jain Intercollege, Baraut. You have been asked to write a Notice regarding a sports kit bag found on the school playground. Write the Notice in not more than 50 words. Invent necessary details.
Digamber Jain Inter College, Baraut
15 April 20XX
Found – A Sports Kit Bag
A sports kit bag was found on the playground on 14 April 20XX during the recess period. Anyone who has misplaced a grey sports bag with huge pockets can collect it from the undersigned within two days, that is, by 17 April 20XX.
You are Raman Malik, the head boy of R.K. Inter College Shamli. Your school is organizing a tour to Sikkim, Write out a Notice inviting students who want to join the tour. Put the Notice in the box.
R.K. Inter College Shamli
7th July 20XX
All the students will be pleased to know that our school is organizing a five-day tour of Sikkim, as per details given below:
Classes – VI to X
Those who are interested ‘may deposit Rs. 3000/- per head. The cost is inclusive of sightseeing, boarding and lodging at a 3-star hotel. Please do so by 12th July.
You are Kiran, school captain of Oxford High School, Bahadurgarh. Write a Noticeinforming the students about a Poem recitation competition to be held on 25th September.
Oxford High School, Bahadurgarh
5th September 20XX
Poem Recitation Competition
All the students are hereby informed that a poem recitation competition will be held on 25th September 20XX in the school hall. Those who want to participate may submit their names to me by 18th September. For further information contact the undersigned.
You are Abhaya, the sports captain of St. mary’s school, Dehradun. Write a Notice in 50 words for the school Noticeboard informing the students about the inter-school cricket tournament to be played.
St. Mary’s School, Dehradun
12 December, 20XX
International Cricket Tournament
An interschool cricket tournament will be played between the teams of our school and Delhi Public School in our school playground on 25th December at 4pm onwards. Don’t miss the opportunity.
You are Vijaya, the head girl of Sommerville Public School, Greater Noida. Your school has decided to hold a fete in the school playground. The Principal has asked you to write a Notice about this fete inviting the students and the teachers to participate in it.
Summerville Public School, Greater Noida
7 October, 20XX
FETE! FETE ! FETE!
The school has decided to organize a fete in the school playground on 10th and 11th October, 20XX. All the students and teachers are requested to give their names for the booking of stalls. Your cooperation is needed to make the fete a grand success. For other details please contact the members of the cabinet.
You are Anamika, the President of Lotus valley Public School, Patna. Write a Notice for the school Noticeboard informing the students about school inspection to be held on 25th February, 20XX by the Director of the school. The Notice should be of 50 words asking for punctuality, cleanliness and discipline.
Lotus Valley Public School
20 February, 20xx
A school inspection will be held on 25th February, 20XX by the Director of the school. Students are requested to maintain punctuality, cleanliness, and discipline in order to keep up good reputation of our school and live up the expectations of our teachers and principal.
You are Shweta, the president of Mother Teressa Public School. Write a Notice for the annual fiesta ‘to be held in your school. Give details of the date, venue, time and items to be held.
Mother Teressa Public School, Delhi
12 November, 20XX
The cultural committee of our school is organizing an annual fiesta which will be held in our school premises on 25th November, 20XX from 5 pm to 8 pm. Several folk dances, folk music and regional programmes will be presented on the occasion. Students are requested to register their names in the office. For more information please contact the undersigned.
You are Anu/Anoop Desmukh, the Sports Secretary of Vivekananda public school, Noida. Your school has decided to host the regional level basket ball tournament. Draft a Notice for your school Noticeboard inviting all the children of your school to cheer for the teams.
Vivekananda Public School, Noida
20th August, 20XX
Basket Ball Tournament
This is to inform to all the students that regional level basket ball tournament is being hosted by the school from 1st September to 4th September from 10 am to 2 pm. All the students are requested to come and encourage the participants by cheering the teams. For more information contact the undersigned.
You are the student of DAV Public School, Patna. Your school is holding a cultural fiesta for collecting funds for the flood victims of Uttarakhand. Draft a Notice for your school Noticeboard giving details of the programme. Sign yourself as Karan Mittal, a cultural secretary.
Dav Public School, Patna
15th December, 20XX
Appeal for Flood Victims
This is to bring to the Notice of students of all the classes that a ‘cultural fiesta’ is being organised by the school. The money collected will go to the ‘Prime Minister’s Relief Fund’ for the flood victims of Uttrakhand. The programme is as follows.
Date: 21st December, 20XX
For further details contact the undersigned.
You are Ashok Mehta, Admir strive Officer of Hindustan Petroleum gas Ltd. Draft a Notice for local newspaper, infornt the public about the change of the company’s address.
Hindustan Petroleum Gas Ltd
15th October, 20XX
Change of address
General public is hereby informed that Hindustan Petroleum gas Ltd. has shifted its company office from 48, New Rajinder Nagar to 36, Amardeep building, Pusa Road. Henceforth, all correspondence should be directed to the new address. The office hours will remain the same i.e. 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. For further details contact the undersigned.
You are the student editor of Gandhi Memorial School, Delhi. Write out a Notice in not more than 50 words inviting names of those who would like to give articles, stories, cartoons etc.
Gandhi Memorial School, Delhi
5th April, 20XX
Inviting Articles for School Magazine
Abhinav (School magazine) is going to be published very soon. The student writers are advised to submit their own literary works – articles, stories, cartoons, poems etc. – to the undersigned on or before 15th April, 20XX or contact Principal.
Notice Writing Practice Questions for Class 8 CBSE
1. For events like tour, camp, fair and exhibition.
2. You are Shyam/Shyamli Verma of class VIII A. You have lost your library book which was issued to you, in the playground. Draft a Notice for the school Noticeboard, informing the students about it.
3. Write a Notice giving information about Science Exhibition which is going to be held in your school.
4. You are Megha gupta/ Mehul Gupta, the head girl/ head boy of St Mary’s school, Dehradun. Draft a notice, informing the students of classes IX to XII about a workshop on ‘table manners and etiquettes’ to be held in the school premises. Give all the necessary details.
5. You are Anu Desmukh/ Anoop Deshmukh, the sports secretary of Laxman Public school, Bhilai. Your school has decided to host the regional level volley ball tournament. Draft a Notice for your school Noticeboard inviting all the children of your school to cheer for the teams.
6. You study in Lotus Public school, Delhi. Your school is holding a cultural Fiesta for collecting funds for the flood victims of Kashmir. Draft a Notice for your school Noticeboard giving details of the programmed. Sign yourself as Ketan Mehta, cultural Secretary.
7. You are the president of the students’ council of St. Francis Sr. Secondary school, Agra. You have invited a visiting Russian Ballet Troupe to give a performance in your school on the occasion of its Golden Jubilee celebrations. Write a notice, informing the students about this event. Sign yourself as Raman Arora/ Ria Arora.
8. You are Vaishali Sharma/ Vaibhav Sharma, the Vice Head girl/ Vice Head boy of oxford High school, Bahadurgarh. Your school is organizing an inter-class Drawing and Painting competition for classes V to VIII. Draft a notice, words inviting the students to participate. Give all necessary details.
9. You are Alok Mehta, administrative Officer of Tata Steel Pvt. Ltd. Draft a Notice for a local newspaper, .:: informing the public about the change of the company’s address.
10. You are Srijana, Srikant of Gitanjali Public School. Write a Notice appealing students of your school to generously donate in cash and kind for the poor children of an orphanage.