Check the below NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science Chapter 6 Life Processes with Answers Pdf free download. MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science with Answers were prepared based on the latest exam pattern. We have Provided Life Processes Class 10 Science MCQs Questions with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
You can refer to NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 6 Life Processes to revise the concepts in the syllabus effectively and improve your chances of securing high marks in your board exams.
Life Processes Class 10 MCQs Questions with Answers
The enzyme responsible for the digestion of proteins in the small intestine is:
Answer: (b) Trypsin
The part where the exchange of gases occurs during respiration is:
(a) Lungs and larynx
(b) Alveoli and throat
(c) Throat and lungs
(d) Alveoli and capillaries
Answer: (d) Alveoli and capillaries
The back flow of blood during the pumping of blood by heart is prevented by:
(a) Walls of ventncles
(b) Walls of atrium
(c) Valves in heart
(d) Walls between atria and ventricles
Answer: (c) Valves in heart
The process of digestion is completed by:
(a) Intestinal juice
(c) bile juice
Answer: (a) Intestinal juice
The extracellular fluid released from the capillaries is:
Answer: (c) lymph
A few drops of iodine solution were added to rice water. The solution turned blue-black in colour. This indicates that rice water contains
(a) complex proteins
(b) simple proteins
Answer: (d) starch
In which part of the alimentary canal food is finally digested?
(b) Mouth cavity
(c) Large intestine
(d) Small intestine
Answer: (d) Small intestine
When air is blown from mouth into a test-tube containing lime water, the lime water turned milky due to the presence of
(b) carbon dioxide
(d) water vapour
Answer: (b) carbon dioxide
What prevents backflow of blood inside the heart during contraction?
(a) Valves in heart
(b) Thick muscular walls of ventricles
(c) Thin walls of atria
(d) All of the above
Answer: (a) Valves in heart
In which of the following vertebrate group/groups, heart does not pump oxygenated blood to different parts of the body?
(a) Pisces and amphibians
(b) Amphibians and reptiles
(c) Amphibians only
(d) Pisces only
Answer: (d) Pisces only
Which of the following equations is the summary of photosynthesis?
(a) 6CO2 + 12H2O → C6H12O6 + 6O2 + 6H2O
(b) 6CO2 + H2O + Sunlight → C6H12O6 + O2 + 6H2O
(c) 6CO2 + 12H2O + Chlorophyll + Sunlight → C6H12O6 + 6O2 + 6H2O
(d) 6CO2 + 12H2O + Chlorophyll + Sunlight → C6H12O6 + 6CO2 + 6H2O
Answer: (c) 6CO2 + 12H2O + Chlorophyll + Sunlight → C6H12O6 + 6O2 + 6H2O
Which is the first enzyme to mix with food i the digestive tract?
Answer: (c) Amylase
Lack of oxygen in muscles often leads to cramps among cricketers. This results due to
(a) conversion of pyruvate to ethanol
(b) conversion of pyruvate to glucose
(c) non conversion of glucose to pyruvate
(d) conversion of pyruvate to lactic acid
Answer: (d) conversion of pyruvate to lactic acid
Choose the correct path of urine in our body
(a) kidney → ureter → urethra → urinary bladder
(b) kidney → urinary bladder → urethra → ureter
(c) kidney → ureters → urinary bladder → urethra
(d) urinary bladder → kidney → ureter → urethra
Answer: (c) kidney → ureters → urinary bladder → urethra
Fill in the blanks
1. More energy is made available to the organims by the …………… respiration.
2. Plants store most of their wastes in the membrane hound structures called …………… present in their cells.
3. Plants can get rid of excess water by ……………
4. Artificial kidney is a device which carries out …………… to remove nitrogenous waste products from the blood.
5. The tubular parts of the nephron selectively …………… the substances needed by the body.
6. The purpose of making …………… is to filter out harmful nitrogenous waste products from the blood.
7. The osmotic pressure in phloem increases on transfer of …………… into it from the leaves.
8. The major driving force for the water in the xylem during day time is the ……………
Answer: transpiration pull
9. Water conducting channels are formed by the …………… and the …………… of the xylem tissue.
Answer: tracheids, vessels
10. Some amount of plasma, proteins and blood cells escape from …………… the wall into intercellular spaces in the tissues to form the tissue fluid or lymph.
11. Fishes have a heart with …………… chambers while the amphibians have …………… chambers in their heart.
Answer: two, three
12. Capillaries join together to form …………… that convey the blood away from the organ or tissue.
13. Veins have …………… to ensure that the blood flows through them only in one direction.
14. To ensure a sufficient time for oxygen to be absorbed and for the carbon dioxide to be released lungs contain a …………… of air.
Answer: residual volume
15. A respiratory pigment called …………… has a high affinity for oxygen and helps to transport oxygen to various parts of our body.
16. The build-up of …………… during …………… respiration is the cause of muscular cramps.
Answer: lactic acid, anaerobic
17. The wall of small intestine has …………… which help in absorption of digested food.
18. Pancreatic juice contains trypsin for digesting …………… and …………… for breaking down emulsified fats.
Answer: proteins, lipase
19. The saliva has …………… to help in the digestion of starch present in the food.
Answer: salivary amylase
Match the column I with column II and mark the correct option from the codes given below
|Column I||Column II|
|(i) Salivary amylase||(a) Nephron|
|(ii) Lactic acid||(b) Protein|
|(iii) Cuticle||(c) Carbon dioxide|
|(iv) Trypsin||(d) Blood|
|(v) Heterotrophic||(e) Waxy coating|
|(vi) Potassium hydroxide||(f) Starch|
|(vii) Lipase||(g) Muscles|
|(viii) Filtration unit||(h) Cuscuta|
|(ix) Connective tissue||(j) Fatty acids and glycerol|
|Column I||Column II|
|(i) Salivary amylase||(f) Starch|
|(ii) Lactic acid||(g) Muscles|
|(iii) Cuticle||(e) Waxy coating|
|(iv) Trypsin||(b) Protein|
|(v) Heterotrophic||(h) Cuscuta|
|(vi) Potassium hydroxide||(c) Carbon dioxide|
|(vii) Lipase||(i) Fatty acids and glycerol|
|(viii) Filtration unit||(a) Nephron|
|(ix) Connective tissue||(d) Blood|
We hope the given NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science Chapter 6 Life Processes with Answers Pdf free download will help you. If you have any queries regarding Life Processes CBSE Class 10 Science MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you soon.