HOTS Questions for Class 10 Science Chapter 16 Management of Natural Resources
These Solutions are part of HOTS Questions for Class 10 Science. Here we have given HOTS Questions for Class 10 Science Chapter 16 Management of Natural Resources
What does the figure depict ? Identify A, B and C.
Caption: Khadin system of water harvesting.
A – Catchment area
B – Khadin (cropped area)
C – Khadin bund
- HOTS Questions for Class 10 Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science
- Value Based Questions in Science for Class 10
- NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 10 Science
- Previous Year Question Papers for CBSE Class 10 Science
Why is forest called biodiversity hotspot ?
A biodiversity hotspot is an area having a large number of endemic species which are being threatened with extinction. Because of long exploitation of forest resources and pressure from industrialists, the natural biota is being replaced by commercially required trees.
What is Kattas ?
It is a water storage system of Karnataka that involves raising an embankment over a draining line.
What is production plantation ?
It is growing of commercially important plants over separate piece of land, generally a wasteland.
With the help of an example show that reuse strategy is better than recycling. (CBSE A.I. 2010, CCE 2011)
Reuse is better than recycling as
- There is no need to send the used article to recycling unit,
- There is no consumption of energy as required for recycling.
- There is no need to remarket the produce. Instead of throwing away the used one and obtaining a new one after its recycling, a container or bottle can be reused several times, of course, each time after cleaning the same. This will save a lot of money and energy.
Hope given HOTS Questions for Class 10 Science Chapter 16 Management of Natural Resources are helpful to complete your science homework.
If you have any doubts, please comment below. Learn Insta try to provide online science tutoring for you.