Definition: A preposition is a word placed before a noun or a pronoun to show in what relation the person or thing denoted by it stands in regard to something else.
This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Preposition Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE With Answers PDF
- The words that show the relation between naming words and describing words are called Prepositions.
- These where words are called prepositions.
- Where Words tell us where something or someone is placed.
- Across, around, between, in front of, next to, behind, over are some examples of where words.
Preposition Exercises with Answers for Class 3 CBSE PDF
A. Look at the pictures and write where the ball is in each picture.
B. Underline the preposition in each sentence.
1. Sherry walked across the street.
2. Pari wandered into the pet store.
3. Molly left before lunchtime.
4. Meena’s office is near the cafeteria.
5. Ankita fell asleep during class.
6. Anil sat on his new rocking chair.
7. Sahil drove around the block.
8. Under a warm blanket, Pradip rested.
More about Prepositions Exercises for Class 3 CBSE With Answers
In, On and At are prepositions of time.
|Month or Year.
E.g. in February, in 2010
E.g. on Monday, on Republic Day, on my birthday
|1. Time of clock
E.g. at 5 O’clock, at 7:30 PM
|The particular time of day or month or year.
E.g. in the morning, in the evening, in the first week of July, in summer, in winter
E.g. on 5th of March, March 5
|2. Short and precise time
E.g. at noon, at sunset, at lunch time, at bed time, at the moment, at the same time
Some other prepositions of time
|since||from a certain point of time (past till now)||since 1980|
|for||over a certain period of time (past till now)||for 2 years|
|ago||a certain time in the past||2 years ago|
|before||earlier than a certain point of time||before 2004|
|to||telling the time||ten to si c 5*2’s–|
|past||telling the time||ten past ssx (6:10)|
|to/till/ until||marking the beginning and end of a period of time||from Monday to/till Friday|
|till/until||in the sense of how long something is going to last||He is on holiday until Friday.|
|by||in the sense of at the latest up to a certain time||I will be back by 6 o’clock. By 11 o’clock, I had read five pages.|
Read the picture story.
A. Answer the following questions from the story above.
1. What do you do first at the bus top? _____________________
2. What do you do when the bus arrives? _____________________
3. What do we do sometimes at the bus stop? _____________________
Prepositions Exercises with Answers PDF for Class 3 CBSE
A. Fill in the correct prepositions.
1. Peter is playing tennis _____________________ Sunday.
2. My brother’s birthday is _____________________ the 5th of November.
3. My birthday is _____________________ May.
4. We are going to see my parents _____________________ the weekend.
5. _____________________ 1666, a great fire broke out in London.
6. I don’t like walking alone in the streets _____________________ night.
7. What are you doing _____________________ the afternoon?
8. My friend has been living in Canada _____________________ two years.
B. Choose the correct prepositions.
What are you doing ____________ (at/in/on) the weekend? I don’t know yet. I might go to the cinema ____________ (at/in/on) Saturday. That’s Interesting! I haven’t been to the cinema ____________ (for/since) so many years. We could go there together ____________ (at/in/ on) the afternoon. That would be great. But I would prefer to go there ____________ (at/in/on) the evening. I am visiting my grandma ____________ (at/in/on) Saturday. That’s okay. The film starts ____________ (at/in/on) eight o’clock. I can pick you up (at/in/on) half ____________ (to/past) seven. How long does the film last? It lasts ____________ (for/to/until) two hours and forty-five minutes. (before/by/from) eight ____________ (for/till) a quarter ____________ (to/by/at) eleven. That’s right. But I must rush home ____________ (after/before/now) the film. I have to be home ____________ (by/since/until) eleven o’clock.