This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Simple Present Tense Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE with Answers PDF
- Verbs have forms called tenses that tell us when the action happens.
- We use simple present tense to talk about the actions or events happening in the present.
- If the action happens regularly we use the simple present tense.
- The simple present tense is also used to state facts.
- Add s or-es with singular nouns.
Read the picture story.
A. Answer the following questions according to the story.
1. What do Mrs. and Mr. Paul do in the garden? ___________________
2. Who goes to river nearby? ___________________
3. Who brings water from the river? ___________________
B. Fill in each blank with a verb from the story.
1. Mrs. and Mr. Paul ___________________ their garden.
2. Mr. Paul ___________________ up early everyday.
3. Mrs. Paul ___________________ the plants.
Simple Present Tense Worksheets for Grade 3 with Answers PDF
A. Tick the correct word.
1. Ram (love, loves) chocolates.
2. The girl (dance, dances) well.
3. The teacher (teach, teaches) us grammar.
4. The baby (cry, cries) for milk.
5. They (grow, grows) vegetables.
6. Birds (fly, flies) in the sky.
B. Write the correct form of the verbs in the following sentences.
1. She ___________ (drive) very well.
2. Water ___________ (boil) at 100 degrees.
3. I ___________ (work) hard.
4. My sister ___________ (speak) English.
5. They ___________ (open) the store at 8.00 am.
6. The box ___________ (contain) food.
C. Read the passage about Gopi’s morning routine.
I get up at 6 o’clock and brush my teeth. First of all I take a bath. Then, I take a cup of tea and some biscuits. I study my lessons and have a meal. I polish my shoes. I wear my uniform and comb my hair. I carry my lunch and leave for school.
Now tell Gopi’s Morning Routine in your words.
Gopi gets up at 6 o’clock. First of all he _________________________________________________________________________