This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Sentences Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE With Answers PDF
- A sentence is a group of words that makes sense.
- Letters form words and words make sentences.
- A sentence always begins with a capital letter and mostly ends with a full stop.
- A sentence always has two parts- Naming and Doing parts.
- The naming part that talks about people, places, animals and things with the help is known as Noun.
- The doing part tells what a person, an animal or thing does which is also of verb.
- Naming part is called the subject of the sentence.
- Doing part is called the predicate of the sentence.
- The subject tells you who or what the sentence is about.
- The rest of the sentence including the verb is called predicate.
Sentences Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 with Answers CBSE PDF
A. Underline the subject in each of these sentences.
1. The snake caught the frog.
2. She is eating an ice-cream.
3. The children are singing rhymes.
4. Basanti is wearing a sari.
5. I bought a jacket
B. Underline the predicate in each of these sentences.
1. I am knitting a sweater.
2. The school closes at 2 o’clock.
3. Whales live in the ocean.
4. Rani loved to eat chocolates.
5. We wrote interesting stories for children.
C. Choose a subject from the box to complete each sentence. The first one has been done for you.
A big spider – A buzzing bee – My notebook
A grey dolphin – My mother – My closet
The houseplant – The doctor – The space alien
1. A buzzing bee looked for nectar in the flower.
2. ____________ has lots of clothes in it.
3. ____________ checked my vision.
4. ____________ needs soil, water, and sunlight.
5. ____________ landed the UFO.
6. ____________ Jeapt out of the water.
7. ____________ was upset because I broke her favourite vase.
8. ____________ is filled with stories that I wrote.
9. ____________ spun a web in the doorway.
D. Choose a predicate from the box to complete each sentence. The first one has been done for you.
watered her flowers. – barked all night long. – drove me to school.
blew in the wind. – ate crickets. – cut the boy’s hair.
fixed the sink. – slept in her cradle. – flew the airplane.
1. The gardener watered her flowers.
2. The pilot _________
3. The little puppy _________
4. The barber _________
5. Reena’s baby sister _________
6. The flag _________
7. The lizard _________
8. The plumber _________
9. The bus driver _________
More about Sentences Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE With Answers
- In a sentence, the verb must be in agreement with the subject.
- A singular subject must have a singular verb.
Example: I am a good student.
Singular subject ⇒ singular verb
- A plural subject must have a plural verb. Plural subject ⇒ plural verbs
Example: We are good students.
- The subject and the verb in a sentence must match even when the tense of the verb changes.
Read the picture story.
A. Answer the following questions according to the story.
1. Which year is being talked about in the story? _________________
2. What are the boys and the girls enjoying? _________________
3. Why is the school work fun for the students? _________________
B. Match the following subjects with the correct verb from the story above.
- Boys – is
- Class – are
- We – likes
- Joey – enjoy
Sentences Worksheets for Grade 3 with Answers CBSE PDF
A. Correct the following sentences according to subject- verb agreement.
1. Summer are a great time of the year
2. My friends gets together to go to the beach,
3. Anna and Bobby brought the towels and Sam and Betsy brings the lunch.
4. The gulls fly down and eat the food crumbs that we throws to them.
5. We wears sun screen to be sure we don’t get burned.
6. Our parents comes along too, to drive us.
7. My mother always want to come along.
8. I wants summer to last forever.
B. Read the following sentences and choose the correct verb from the brackets.
- John (is, ‘are) going to the mall after school today.
1. They (are, is) going to the pizza restaurant after today’s game.
2. Jane (were, was) going to go with the team but she had chores to do.
3. Stephen (is, are) one of the best players on the team.
4. The coach (was, were) very excited that the team won the tournament.
5. They (is, are) one of the highest scoring teams in the league.
6. My best friend (were, was) there when I arrived.
7. Where (do, does) your parents live?