CA Foundation Business Laws Study Material
The aim of this study material is to provide an introduction to the core concepts of Business Laws in a student friendly style. The study material is primarily written for the students of Foundation Course of Chartered Accountancy under the new syllabus introduced by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. It is also useful for the students of other professional exams.
We have attempted to present the subject in a lucid and simple style keeping in mind the students of under graduate level The study material has been presented in a tabular form so that it becomes easier for the students to revise as well during the time of examination. To test the understanding of the student and also to enable them to have sufficient knowledge, a large number of exercise has been provided at the end of the chapters. The exercise covers a lot of Multiple Choice Questions, True and False type questions and also Theoretical Questions as well as questions in the pattern of Case Studies.
The study material is divided into five units depending upon their respective Acts. The new syllabus and answers and hints for writing the answers further adds up to the value of the study material.
Unit 1 Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Chapter 1 Nature of Contract
- Chapter 2 Offer and Acceptance
- Chapter 3 Consideration
- Chapter 4 Capacity of Parties
- Chapter 5 Free Consent
- Chapter 6 Void Agreements
- Chapter 7 Contingent Contracts and Quasi Contracts
- Chapter 8 Performance of Contract
- Chapter 9 Discharge of Contract
Unit 2 Sale of Goods Act, 1930
- Chapter 10 Formation of Contract of Sale
- Chapter 11 Conditions and Warranties
- Chapter 12 Transfer of Ownership
- Chapter 13 Performance of Contract: Delivery and Payment
- Chapter 14 Rights of Buyer & Rights of Unpaid Seller
- Chapter 15 Auction Sale
Unit 3 Partnership Act, 1932
- Chapter 16 Nature of Partnership
- Chapter 17 Registration of Firm
- Chapter 18 Relations of Partners 170
- Chapter 19 Reconstitution and Dissolution of Firm
Unit 4 The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
Unit 5 The Companies Act, 2013
In preparation of the study material we have received encouragement and support from various quarters. We would be failing in our duty if we do not acknowledge the deep sense of gratitude that we owe to various people for providing us an insight and inspiration in writing the study material.
Any comment and criticism relating to the present work will be most welcome.