Value Based Questions in Science for Class 10 Chapter 13 Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
These Solutions are part of Value Based Questions in Science for Class 10. Here we have given Value Based Questions in Science for Class 10 Chapter 13 Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
A fuse wire is a safety device to protect the electric circuit. Ashok used a fuse rated as 5 A in a circuit in which an electric heater of 2 kW was connected with the main supply of 220 V. The heater was not operating as the fuse wire melted on switching. Ashok was puzzled and he discussed the problem with his friend Ram. Ram suggeted him to use a fuse rated 10 A in the circuit. The problem of Ashok was solved as the heater was now working.
(i) What values are shown by Ram ?
(ii) How much current was flowing in the circuit with the fuse rated 10 A ?
(i) Helpful, high degree of awareness.
- Value Based Questions in Science for Class 10
- HOTS Questions for Class 10 Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science
- NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 10 Science
- Previous Year Question Papers for CBSE Class 10 Science
Overloading in an electric circuit causes fire. Common people are unware of this fact. Akshil, an intelligent student told people of his locality about overloading. He told them to take various precautions to avoid overloading. What values are shown by Akshil ?
He is helpful and has high degree of awareness. Interested in educating people.
Students of a school ‘X’ went to a forest for a picnic. They went deep into the forest and started playing on a flat field in the forest. A stranger came there and asked for help. He had forgotten the direction of his village situated in south direction outside the forest. All the students except Sobit said that they had no idea about south direction. They asked stranger to find the south direction himself. However, Sobit asked him to wait for a moment. Sobit had a magnetic compass. He placed the magnetic compass on the ground and told the stranger about south direction.
- How the magnetic compass determines the direction from the given place ?
- What values are shown by Sobit ?
- Is the behaviour of other students desirable ?
- When a magnetic compass is placed at a place, it always points towards north-south direction.
- Sobit is helpful, caring and has a high degree of awareness.
- The behaviour of other students is undesirable. They did not bother about the problem of the stranger.
Aayan was going to his home from his school. On his way, he heard that people in a house were crying and weeping. He went to the house to know the reason. He found that a boy is lying on a floor and people around him were crying and weeping. He came to know that boy suffered a severe shock, when he was working with electric iron. He asked people to stop crying and help him to take the boy to the nearby dispensary for Medical aid. The boy was rushed to the dispensary. Medical aid was given to him and his life was saved.
Answer the following questions based on above information.
- Why the boy suffered severe shock ?
- Comment on the values shown by Aayan.
- The boy might have touched the metallic casing of electric iron through which current was passing. Hence boy suffered a severe shock.
- Aayan is helpful. He feels concerned about the welfare of others. He is quick in his actions and has high degree of general awareness.
What would you suggest to the people of your area regarding the safety measures in using electricity ?
- Use of electric fuses of proper rating,
- Electricity wires should not be touched bare footed.
- Electricity should be switched off during lightning and thunder,
- Electric circuits should be properly earthed,
- Avoid overloading i.e. electric appliances of high power rating should not be connected in a single socket or circuit.
Hope given Value Based Questions in Science for Class 10 Chapter 13 Magnetic Effects of Electric Current are helpful to complete your science homework.
If you have any doubts, please comment below. Learn Insta try to provide online science tutoring for you.