NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 12 Buildings, Paintings and Books are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science. Here we have given NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 12 Buildings, Paintings and Books.
|Subject||Social Science History|
|Chapter Name||Buildings, Paintings and Books|
|Number of Questions Solved||8|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 12 Buildings, Paintings and Books
NCERT TEXTBOOK EXERCISES (Pages 132-133)
Match the following:
|Stupa||Place where the image of the deity is installed.|
|Mandapa||Circular path around the stupa.|
|Garbhagrika||Place in temples where people could assemble.|
|Mandapa||Place in temples where people could assemble.|
|Garbhagriha||Place where the image of the deity is installed.|
|Pradakshina patha||Circular path around the stupa.|
Fill in the blanks:
- ………. was a great astronomer.
- Stories about gods and goddesses are found in the ……….
- ……… is recognized as the author of the Sanskrit Ramayana.
- ……….. and ……….. are two Tamil epics.
- Silappadikaram, Manimekalai.
Make a list of the chapters in which you find mention of metalworking. What are the metals objects mentioned or shown in those chapters?
(a) List of the chapters in which we find mention of metalworking:
- In the earliest cities.
- What Books and Burials Tell us.
- Kingdoms, Kings, and The Early Republic.
- Vital Villages, Thriving Towns.
- Traders, Kings, and Pilgrims.
- New Empires and Kingdoms.
- Buildings, Paintings and Books.
(b) Following metals objects are mentioned or shown in these chapters:
Read the story on page 130 (NCERT book). In what ways is the monkey king similar to or different from the kings you read about in Chapters 6 and 11?
The Monkey King was a great king, who lived on the banks of the Ganga River in the Himalayas. He was having 80,000 followers. They fed on the fruit of a special mango tree, which was very sweet. The kings we have read about in chapters 6 and 11, they used to have permanent armies but some of their soldiers were supplied by Samantas. This army did not eat fruit but used to eat wheat, rice, etc. They occupied the highest position in society.
In these chapters, we came to know about bigger states, known as Janapadas and Mahajanpadas. In both types of states, the position of the king was hereditary. But the king had to feel the pulse of the public. He used to work for the welfare of his subjects, otherwise, he could be removed when the situation demanded.
Find out more and tell a story from one of the epics.
The Ramayana is an epic written by Adi Rishi Valmiki. This epic is about Rama, a prince of Kosala, who was sent into exile for fourteen years. His wife Sita was abducted by the King of Lanka, named Ravana, and Rama had to fight a battle to get her back. He won and returned to Ayodhya, the capital of Kosala, after his victory.
List some steps that can be taken to make buildings and monuments accessible to differently-abled people.
Steps that can be taken to make buildings and monuments accessible to differently-abled people:
- Slopes can be created for the movement of wheelchairs or the height of stairs be reduced.
- There can be audio guides for the visually impaired.
- Toilets and other public facilities should suit their needs.
- Volunteers may be employed to help these people.
Try and list as many uses of paper as you can.
List of uses of paper. We can use paper for the following purposes/things etc.
- For writing purposes.
- To make books, note-books, etc.
- To make kites.
- To make pictures and paintings.
- To make toys and flowers.
If you could visit any one of the places described in this chapter, which would you choose and why?
- I would choose Mathura because it is related to the life of Lord Krishna and it is very near to Delhi, my home city. Mathura is well connected by road and railways. There are many shrines and temples. I am fond of sweets. Mathura is well-known for some of its sweet products, especially peras.
- Students can decide themselves.
We hope the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 12 Buildings, Paintings and Books help you. If you have any query regarding NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 12 Buildings, Paintings and Books, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.