On this page, you will find Weather, Climate and Adaptations of Animals to Climate Class 7 Notes Science Chapter 7 Pdf free download. CBSE NCERT Class 7 Science Notes Chapter 7 Weather, Climate and Adaptations of Animals to Climte will seemingly help them to revise the important concepts in less time.
CBSE Class 7 Science Chapter 7 Notes Weather, Climate and Adaptations of Animals to Climate
Weather, Climate and Adaptations of Animals to Climate Class 7 Notes Understanding the Lesson
1. The day-to-day condition of the atmosphere at a place with respect to the temperature, humidity, rainfall, wind speed, etc., is called the weather at that place.
2. The temperature, humidity and other factors are called elements of the weather.
3. To record the maximum and minimum temperatures during day, there are special thermometers, called maximum and minimum thermometers.
4. The maximum temperature of the day occurs generally in the afternoon while the minimum occurs in the early morning.
5. All the changes in weather are driven by the sun.
6. The average weather pattern takes over a long time, say 25 years, is called the climate of the place.
7. Mean temperature for a given month is found by first finding the average of the temperatures recorded during the month then calculating the average of such average temperatures over many years.
8. The annual record of long-term average temperature and rainfall at a particular place is called climate chart.
9. The tropical and the polar regions are the two regions of the earth, which have severe climatic conditions.
10. Animals are adapted to survive in the conditions in which they live.
11. Animals in the polar region are adapted to the extremely cold climate by having some special characteristics such as strong sense of smell, a layer of fat under the skin, white fur, wide and large paws for walking and swimming.
12. Some birds migrate to escape the harsh, cold conditions.
13. Some adaptations of animals living in tropical rainforests include living on the trees, development of strong tails, long and large beaks, sensitive hearing, sharp eyesight, ability to camouflage, etc.
Class 7 Science Chapter 7 Notes Important Terms
Adaptation: The presence of specific features and habits which enable a plant or animal to live in a particular habitat is called adaptation.
Climate: The average weather pattern taken over a long time, say 25 years, is called the climate of the place.
Elements of weather: Temperature, humidity, rainfall, wind speed and other factors are called elements of weather.
Humidity: The amount of moisture in the air is called humidity.
Maximum temperature: The maximum temperature of the day occurs generally in the afternoon.
Migration: The means of escaping from the harsh and cold conditions, if adaptation is not possible then it is known as migration.
Minimum temperature: The minimum temperature of the day occurs generally in the early morning.
Polar region: The region which is very cold throughout the year with -37°C temperature is known as polar region.
Tropical rainforest: These are found in tropical regio-0n where hot and wet climate is found.
Tropical region: The region which generally have hot and wet climate because of its location around the equator is called tropical region.
Weather: The day-to-day condition of the atmosphere at a place with respect to their elements, like temperature, humidity, rainfall, wind speed, etc., is called as weather.