NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Geography Chapter 6 Human Resource
These Solutions are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science. Here we have given. NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Geography Chapter 6 Human Resource
1. Answer the following questions.
Why are people considered as a resource?
People are considered a resource due to their demands, capacities and capabilities to create new resources.
What are the causes for the uneven distribution of population in the world?
Causes of uneven distribution of population in the world:
- Geographical causes: Topography, climate, water, minerals, soil.
- Cultural causes: Religion, culture, language, caste, etc.
- Economic causes: Employment opportunities, industries, transport and communication.
The world population has grown very rapidly. Why?
Because of the better food supplies, increase in medical facilities, reduced death rate, birth rate almost remaining the same.
- The difference between birth rate and death rate is called natural growth rate. This natural growth is high due to better medical and food facilities leading to growth in population.
- Many people move from one country to another due to various reasons. This also leads to increase in population of the countries having his immigration.
Discuss the role of any two factors influencing population change, iv) What is meant by population composition?
By population composition, we mean the structure of population in respect of age, sex, occupation, religion, language, etc.
What are population pyramids? How do they help in understanding about the population of a country?
Population pyramid is also called age sex pyramid. It shows:
- It shows division of population into various age groups like 5 to 9 years, 10 to 14 years etc.
- It gives the percentage of male female ratio, in each age group.
- It tells about number of dependents-young and old along with number of economically active peoples.
- It helps to understand the economic, health, social structure by indirectly referring to death, birth rate in terms of age and sex.
Tick the correct answer.
(1) What does the term population distribution refer to?
(a) How population in a specified area changes over time.
(b) The number of people who die in relation to the number of people born in a specified area.
(c)The way in which people are spread across a given area.
2. Which are three main factors that cause population change?
(а) Births,deaths and marriage
(b) Births, deaths and migration
(c) Births, deaths and life expectancy
3. In 1999, the world population reached
(a) 1 billion
(b) 3 billion
(c) 6 billion
4. What is a population pyramid?
(a) A graphical presentation of the age, sex composition of a population.
(b) When the population density of an area is so high that people live in tall buildings.
(c) Pattern of population distribution in large urban areas.
Complete the sentences below using some of the following words.
sparsely, favourable, fallow, artificial, fertile, natural, extreme, densely
When people are attracted to an area it becomes …………………………………. populated.Factors that influence this include…………………………………… climate; good supplies of…………………………………… resources and ………………………………… land.
- When people are attracted to an area it becomes densely populated
- Factors that influence this include favourable climate, good supplies of natural resources and fertile land
Discuss the characteristics of a society with ‘too many under 15s’ and one with ‘too few under 15s’.
Hint: need for schools; pension schemes, teachers, toys, wheel chairs, labour supply, hospitals.
We hope the We hope the NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Geography Chapter 6 Human Resource, help you. If you have any query regarding NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Geography Chapter 6 Human Resource, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.