When People Rebel Class 8 Extra Questions and Answers Social Science History Chapter 5 CBSE Pdf free download are part of Extra Questions for Class 8 Social Science. Here we have given NCERT Extra Questions for Class 8 Social Science SST History Chapter 5 When People Rebel.
When People Rebel Class 8 Extra Questions and Answers Social Science History Chapter 5
When People Rebel Class 8 Extra Questions Very Short Answer Type
Who were the leaders from Bihar who joined the rebellion?
Kunwar Singh, an old zamindar joined the rebellion from Bihar.
When did Bahadur Shah Zafar die?
Bahadur Shah Zafar died in November 1862.
What did the new act in 1858 mention?
The new act of 1858 transferred the power of the East India Company to the British Crown.
What was the proportion decided for the new recruitment process for soldiers adopted after 1857 revolt by the British.
It was decided that the proportion of Indian soldiers in the army would be reduced and number of Europeans would be increased.
Who was highlighted from Faizabad during the Revolt of 1857?
Ahmadullah Shah, a maulvi from Faizabad was highlighted during 1857 revolt.
What was decided about customary religious and social practices of the people in India by the British?
The British decided to respect the customary religious and social practices of people in India.
What is the term Mutiny means?
When soldiers as a group disobey their officer in the army, that situation is known as mutiny.
Who was the governor-general who decided that Bahadur Shah Zafar would be the last Mughal king?
Governor-general Canning decided that Bahadur Shah Zafar would the last Mughal king.
What was the decision of the British after they regained control over India after 1857 revolt?
The British had decided that they could not carry on ruling the land with the same policies any more.
So they decided to introduce several changes in their policies.
What was there for the ruling chief in the new policies adopted by the British after the Revolt in 1857 ended?
The ruling chiefs of the country were assured about their territory that it would never be annexed in future, and were allowed to pass on their kingdoms to their heirs, including the adopted sons.
What did the British thought earlier about the rebel?
They thought that the disturbance caused by the issue of the cartridges would die down. But nothing happened in the way British thought.
During period of time the erosion of powers of Nawabs and Rajas was noticed?
During the mid 18th century noticed the erosion of powers of Nawabs and Rajas.
Why did the ruling families tried negotiations with the company?
In manner to protect their interest the ruling families tried negotiations with the Company.
What action did Company took for ‘pleas urged by the ruling families?
Company rejected their negotiation pleas.
What was another reason behind the angry of sepoys?
Sepoys reacted in angry to the conditions of countryside also.
When People Rebel Class 8 Extra Questions Short Answer Type
What was the condition after recapturing of Delhi by the British?
The recapturing of Delhi did not mean that the rebellion died down, people still continued with the resistance and battle with the British. The British had to fight for two years in this manner to suppress the massive forces of popular rebellion.
What was the situation of the peasants and zamindars in the countryside?
In the countryside, the peasants and the zamindars resented the high taxes and rigid methods of revenue collection. Many failed to pay back their loans to the moneylenders and gradually lost their lands they had tilled for generations.
Mention the reasons behind the discontent of the Indian sepoys employed in the Company?
The reasons behind the discontent of Indian sepoy employed in the Company were:
- They were unhappy about the pay and allowances.
- The conditions of the services was not good for them.
- The religious belief were hurted.
What made the Indian rebelled against Britisher and how they all decided that British is the only enemy to them?
Indians rebelled against the policies of British. They believed in common manner that they all have only an enemy and that is British. People started organism themselves, communication and taking initiatives and displaying confidences to them the situation around.
What was the reason behind the capture of Awadh by the Company?
In 1856 the Awadh was taken over after the event of 1801 when subsidiary alliance was imposed on Awadh. And the territory was declared being misgoverned and British rule was imposed in order to ensure a proper administration.
When People Rebel Class 8 Extra Questions Long Answer Type
How did the Company plan to end the Mughal Dynasty?
The Company began planning on how to end the Mughal dynasty in the following ways:
- The name of the Mughal kings was removed from the coins minted by the Company.
- In 1849, Governor-General Dalhousie announced that after the death of Bahadur Shah II, his family would be shifted out of Red Fort and given another place in Delhi to reside in.
- In 1856, Governor-General Canning decided that Bahadur Shah Zafar would be the last Mughal king and after his death none of his descendants would be recognized as the king.
What was the reason behind the discontent of Indian sepoys of the Company?
The reason behind discontent of Indian sepoys were as follows:
- The Indian sepoys in the employment of the Company were unhappy about the pay, allowances and conditions of their services.
- New rules violated their religious sentiments and beliefs.
- It was believed during that time that by crossing the sea one looses his religion and caste.
- The sepoys were told to go Burma in 1824 by the sea route to fight for the Company and the sepoys refused to follow the order though they agreed to go through land route.
- The refusal resulted in punishment.
- The Company passed a law that stated that every new person who took up employment in the Company army had to agree to serve overseas if required.
What made the British believe that Indian society had to be reformed? What steps were taken to stop these?
The British believed that the Indian society had to be reformed as there were still practices of sati in Indian society which made the British to pass laws to stop practice of sati and encourage remarriage of widows.
- For this, the British promoted English language education and allowed Christian missionaries to propagate and function freely in India.
- In 1850, new law was passed making conversion to Christianity easier.
- This is how they decided to stop all this.
Picture Based Questions Class 8 History Chapter 5 When People Rebel
Look at the picture given below and answer the following questions//:
What does the picture express.
In picture the artist wants to show the might of the British soldiers who violently suppressed the rebels forces. Therefore, the picture expresses the British capturing the rebels.
Map Skills Class 8 History Chapter 5 When People Rebel
On an outline map of India represent the following centers of Revolts?