Check the below NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 8 Civics Chapter 4 Understanding Laws with Answers Pdf free download. MCQ Questions for Class 8 Social Science with Answers were prepared based on the latest exam pattern. We have Provided Understanding Laws Class 8 Civics MCQs Questions with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
Understanding Laws Class 8 MCQs Questions with Answers
Choose the correct answer:
When did Jallianwala Bagh’s massacre take place?
(a) 13 April
(b) 13 March
(c) 13 May
(d) 13 June
Answer: (a) 13 April
Where is Jallianwala Bagh located?
Answer: (a) Amritsar
When did the Rowlatt Act come into effect?
(a) On 10th February, 1917
(b) On 10th January, 1918
(c) On 10th March, 1919
(d) On 20th April, 1920
Answer: (c) On 10th March, 1919
Who gave the order to fire in Jallianwala Bagh on innocent people protesting calmly?
(a) General Dyer
(b) Dr. Satyapal
(c) Dr. Saifuddin Kichlew
(d) None of these
Answer: (a) General Dyer
What is the violence free relationship where husband and wife are equal with each other and they enjoy equal rights?
(a) Equal relationship
(b) Discriminated relationship
(d) All of these
Answer: (a) Equal relationship
Law on Domestic Violence was made in this year
Answer: (a) 2005
Who was the Afro-American woman who refused to give her seat to a white man in 1955?
(a) Rosy Peter
(b) Rosa Parks
(d) Rose Jose
Answer: (b) Rosa Parks
Match the following:
|Column A||Column B|
|(a) Domestic Violence||(i) Disapprove of a Person or thing|
|(b) Colonies||(ii) Guilty of criminal offense|
|(c) Convict||(iii) Quarrel between Husband and Wife|
|(d) Criticise||(iv) Country under Foreign Ryles|
|Column A||Column B|
|(a) Domestic Violence||(iii) Quarrel between Husband and Wife|
|(b) Colonies||(iv) Country under Foreign Ryles|
|(c) Convict||(ii) Guilty of criminal offense|
|(d) Criticise||(i) Disapprove of a Person or thing|
Write (T) for true and (F) for false:
1. The most important provision in our constitution is all persons in independent India are equal in the eyes of law.
2. Our law gives special treatment for government officers and wealthy persons.
3. Colonial law was arbitrary.
4. Hindu Succession Amendment Act, 2005 gives priority to daughter over son.
5. Prime Minister can make new laws.
6. Sedition Act, 1870 was an example of arbitrariness existing in British India.
7. Rosa Park, an African-American woman protested for being unseated by the white man on December 1, 1995.
Fill in the blanks:
1. ……………… activities are done against the law.
2. Evolution is the process of ……………… from a simple to complex form.
3. The Parliament is the ……………… which makes the new rules.
4. The Court has the power of ……………… to modify or cancel laws.
Answer: judicial review
5. Dr. Satyapal and Dr. Saifuddin Kichlew were ……………… on 10 April 1919.
6. The Parliament consists of Rajya Sabha and ………………
Answer: Lok Sabha
We hope the given NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 8 Civics Chapter 4 Understanding Laws with Answers Pdf free download will help you. If you have any queries regarding Understanding Laws CBSE Class 8 Civics MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you soon.