Poster Writing Class 12 Format, Examples, Samples, Topics
A poster is a useful means of making an announcement or appeal or to create awareness in the public interest. It is issued by the political parties, NGOs, Education Department, Family Welfare Department, etc.
This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English will help you to write better answers in your Class 12 exams. Because the Solutions are solved by subject matter experts.
Purpose Posters can be used for highlighting the following:
- cultural shows/exhibitions/seminars/workshops/fairs/fetes, etc.
- educational institutions and student’s activities
- social themes/problems
- general A poster has certain important features. These include:
- The poster should be visually attractive.
- It should contain a catchy title.
- It should contain a sketch or simple visuals to make it look attractive.
- It must have different fonts in different shapes and sizes.
- The theme/subject must come across clearly.
- Description/details related to the theme should be given.
- Essential details, e.g. date, time, venue, must be included.
- Names, i.e. issuing authority, organizers, must be mentioned.
- Attention must be paid to the organizing and sequencing of content.
- Appropriate language must be used.
- Creativity in language and design must be encouraged.
Posters recapture and recreate the basic moods and styles of three modes of communication, i.e. notices, advertisements and invitations. They should, thus, be so designed so as to captivate the attention of the onlookers. To achieve this, the poster must use bold and capital letters, striking designs and ornate work. Catchy phrases and slogans are the lifeline of posters.
- Maintain brevity as there is limited space available.
- Clarity is essential in order to successfully put the message across.
- The poster should look attractive.
- Use visuals/pictures to create interest and get the message across. The visual/colours must add to and not detract from the message.
- Arrange content in a pleasing, readable way. The wordings of the poster should be centred in an appealing manner.
- The first line should introduce the purpose of the poster, e.g. A Health Mela, A School Fete, etc.
- Mention relevant contact details.
- Include other details that would awaken the interest of the reader.
- The name and address of the issuing organization must be clear.
- Catchy slogans/captions can be used to make the message effective.
♦ Sample Poster:
Design a poster that creates awareness to donate organs. (4marks)
Design a Poster on ‘Save Water.’
Design a Poster on Creating awareness about the importance of voting.(4 marks)
Design a poster inviting people to an e-learning fair.
Design a poster creating awareness to save girl child.
Design a poster creating awareness about the conservation of oil.
Design a poster inviting people to a rally, promoting women empowerment by restricting violence. (4 marks)
Design a poster to encourage tourism by promoting the concept of ‘Incredible India’. (4 marks)
Design a poster creating awareness about child adoption.
Design a poster creating awareness about the government’s Digital India program. (4 marks)
Your school is organizing a Public Awareness Exhibition. In connection with it, prepare a poster to bring home the importance of conservation of electricity. Your school is A.K. Public School, Green Park, Delhi.
In a recent survey, it was found that your city has the highest rate of pollution in the country. Innumerable vehicles on the road and lack of green cover have made the air unfit to breathe. Draft a poster in about 50 words, creating awareness about the need to keep your city clean and green. You are Rakshita/Rohit of MVN Public School. (4 marks) [CBSE Sample Paper 2016]