Check the below NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 6 Science Chapter 7 Getting to Know Plants with Answers Pdf free download. MCQ Questions for Class 6 Science with Answers were prepared based on the latest exam pattern. We have provided Getting to Know Plants Class 6 Science MCQs Questions with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
You can refer to NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 7 Getting to Know Plants to revise the concepts in the syllabus effectively and improve your chances of securing high marks in your board exams.
Getting to Know Plants Class 6 MCQs Questions with Answers
Choose the correct option in the following questions:
Which is an example of a shrub?
(b) Mango tree
(c) Tomato plant
Answer: (d) Lemon
Spinach and tomato are herbs while mango is a tree. So lemon is a shrub.
Which of the following type of plants has thick, hard and woody stem?
(d) All of these
Answer: (a) Tree
Herb has a soft stem while shrubs have thin stem.
Which is not a part of a leaf?
Answer: (d) Nodes
Nodes are found on stem.
parallel venation is not found in
Answer: (b) peepal
In peepal, reticulate venation.
Which one of the following is a function of leaves?
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) Support fruits
Answer: (c) Both (a) and (b)
Leaves perform both functions.
Leaf venation and type of root is correctly paired in
(a) parallel venation, fibrous roots
(b) parallel venation, taproot
(c) no relation exists in leaf venation and type of roots
(d) reticulate venation, fibrous roots
Answer: (a) parallel venation, fibrous roots
Plants with parallel leaf venation have fibrous roots while plants with reticulate leaf venation have taproots.
Male reproductive part of flower is
Answer: (c) stamens
Stamen is male reproductive part.
Which is a correct set of parts of a pistil?
(a) Ovary, style and filament
(b) Ovary style and stigma
(c) Ovary, anther and filament
(d) Filament and anther
Answer: (b) Ovary style and stigma
Which of the following has fibrous root?
Answer: (b) Wheat
Wheat roots spread out in the soil.
The process of loss of water by a plant through leaves is called
Answer: (d) transpiration
The process of losing water by leaves is called transpiration.
Match the following items given in Column A with that in Column B:
|Column A||Column B|
|(a) Creeper||(i) Absorption of mineral and water.|
|(b) Herb||(ii) Manufacture food.|
|(c) Shrub||(iii) Transport food, water and mineral.|
|(d) Tree||(iv) Reproduction.|
|(e) Root||(v) Need support to stand up.|
|(f) Stem||(vi) Hard and thick stem.|
|(g) Leaf||(vii) Green and tender stem.|
|(h) Flower||(viii) Hard but thin stem.|
|Column A||Column B|
|(a) Creeper||(v) Need support to stand up.|
|(b) Herb||(vii) Green and tender stem.|
|(c) Shrub||(viii) Hard but thin stem.|
|(d) Tree||(vi) Hard and thick stem.|
|(e) Root||(i) Absorption of mineral and water.|
|(h) Stem||(iii) Transport food, water and mineral.|
|(g) Leaf||(ii) Manufacture food.|
|(h) Flower||(iv) Reproduction.|
Fill in the blanks with appropriate words:
1. Water Havels up the stem through …………. inside the stem.
Answer: narrow tubes
2. Thick vein in the centre of leaf is called ………….. .
3. Design made by ……………. in a leaf is called venation.
4. Leaves Bicchu (Meltles) give you …………. on touching.
Answer: rashes and itching
5. Leaves have ……………. shapes, sizes, edges, tips, etc.
6. Water comes out of leaves in the form of vapour by a process called ………………. .
7. Green leaves make food from ………………………, air and water by a process called photosynthesis.
8. The fine hair like structures on the lateral roots are ………………… .
Answer: root hair
9. Potatoes and jams are ………….. .
10. Small fine particles present in the anther are called …………………..
Answer: pollen grains
11. …………………… is the lower most part of a pistil.
12. After maturation, ovary is converted into a ………………
State whether the statements given below are True or False:
1. Herbs are usually short and sometimes do not have branches.
2. In shrubs, branches arise from the base of the stem.
3. In trees, branches arise from the upper part of stem.
4. Stem absorbs water and minerals from the soil.
5. Roots hold the plant firmly in the soil.
6. Leaves manufacture the food in presence of sunlight by the process of transpiration.
7. Plants having leaves with reticulate venation have fibrous roots.
8. All plants have colourful flowers.
9. The parts of a flower are usually present in whorls.
10. Pistil is female reproductive part of a flower.
We hope the given NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 6 Science Chapter 7 Getting to Know Plants with Answers Pdf free download will help you. If you have any queries regarding Getting to Know Plants CBSE Class 6 Science MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you soon.