This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
This That These Those Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE with Answers PDF
- This, That, These, Those are called demonstrative adjectives.
- We use these adjectives to point out specific people or things.
- This and that modify singular nouns. This is used to point out something that is nearby.
- That is used to point out something that is far away.
- These and Those are used for plural nouns. These is used for things that are nearby.
- Those is used for things that are far away.
Read the picture story.
A. Answer the following questions from the story above.
1. What is ‘that’ referring to in the story?
2. Which demonstrative adjectives are used for the items?
3. Which demonstrative adjective is used for the word ‘opportunity’?
B. Circle the correct option and write DA for demonstrative adjectives and DP for demonstrative pronouns. The first one has been done for you.
1. This/These are pretty flowers. DA
2. That/Those is my brother. ___________
3. This/These is a beautiful day. ___________
4. These/This shoes are mine. ___________
5. Those/That is my father’s car. ___________
6. These/This pencils are new. ___________
7. That/Those house is new. ___________
8. That/Those presents are for you. ___________
This That These Those Worksheet Exercises with Answers for Class 3 CBSE PDF
A. Tick the correct option.
1. (Those/That) man really loves the comic book store.
2. (These/This) apples are ready to be shipped.
3. (These/That) friend of mine is very reliable.
4. (These/That) fence needs another coat of paint.
5. Did you write (these/this) song?
6. (Those/That) movie was very realistic.
B. Convert these sentences to the plural form. The first one has been done for you.
1. This mouse is grey. These mice are grey.
2. That child is very cute. ___________
3. This apple tastes yummy. ___________
4. This pencil is not mine. ___________
5. That cherry is sweet and red. ___________
6. That baby is sleeping. ___________