This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Adverbs of Place Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE with Answers
- Some adverbs answer the question where the action takes place.
- Here, there, above and outside tell us where the action takes place.
Look at the examples.
- She lives there.
- I live here.
- She looked at the wall above
- They are playing outside.
Read the picture story.
A. Answer the following questions from the story above.
1. Where did the accident take place? ___________
2. What happened to the man? ___________
3. What happened when the ambulance arrived? ___________
B. Fill in the blanks as per the story.
1. The man was hurt ___________ the knees.
2. The hospital was just ___________ the house.
3. An ambulance came ___________ in no time
4. The people were standing ___________.
Adverbs of Place Worksheet Exercises with Answers for Class CBSE PDF
A. Unjumble the words to make sentences. Don’t forget to put the adverbs (in italics) in correct order. (behind the verb or object). The first one has been done for you.
1. is / over there / the cinema – The cinema is over there.
2. inside / go / let’s – ___________
3. the kitchen / downstairs / is – ___________
4. playing / the kids / are / outside – ___________
5. she / not / been / here / has – ___________
6. the bathroom / is / upstairs – ___________
7. were / everywhere / we / for / looking / you – ___________
8. we / anywhere / you / find / couldn’t – ___________
B. Use the where words from the box to fill in the blanks.
1. Come ___________
2. Don’t go ___________
3. I searched her ___________
4. I saw the dark clouds ___________
5. Please come ___________
6. Get ___________