CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Home Science Paper 5 are part of CBSE Sample Papers for class 12 Home Science. Here we have given CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Home Science Paper 5.
CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Home Science Paper 5
|Sample Paper Set||Paper 5|
|Category||CBSE Sample Papers|
Students who are going to appear for CBSE Class 12 Examinations are advised to practice the CBSE sample papers given here which is designed as per the latest Syllabus and marking scheme as prescribed by the CBSE is given here. Paper 5 of Solved CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Home Science is given below with free PDF download solutions.
Time: 3 Hours
Maximum Marks: 70
There are total 25 questions. All questions are compulsory.
- Question nos 1-6 are of 1 mark, to be answered in one or two lines.
- Question nos 7-13 are of 2 marks, to be answered in 10-20 words.
- Question nos 14-15 case study and picture based are of 3 marks.
- Question nos 16-21 are of 4 marks, to be answered in 40 words.
- Question nos 22-25 are of 5 marks, to be answered in 50-60 words.
Why is friction method not used to wash woollen clothes?
Sometimes economic aspect becomes a hazard in marital adjustment. How does it affect the marital relations?
Games play an important role in cognitive development. How do they inculcate the social values in the adolescents?
Sudha is suffering from fever and is feeling quite weak. She cannot rely on normal diet.Recommend her the kind of food she must take.
Peer pressure leads to stress in teenagers as they try to behave in a certain way due to pressure coming from their peers. What are the factors that make teenagers succumb to this pressure?
State incubation period for polio and measles.
To ensure accuracy in length, what four points would you check while buying fabric from a shopkeeper?
What are the specific symptoms of polio?
Anorexia Nervosa is the most common eating disorder found in the society. Enlist some of its symptoms.
Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme is an effort in the direction of human development in terms of providing facilities for the well-being of mother and new bom child. State the importance of ICDS for a lactating mother.
Mrs. Rita has two daughters, one of is two years old while the elder sibling is of ten years. What would be the different duties of Rita for her different age group daughters.
What do you mean by Bonds (financial)?
Pooja is an aware and conscious child of eight years. She accompanies her working mother to select a creche for her three year old brother. What four features is she most likely to desire in a creche for the well-being of her sibling?
Gangu Bai soaked some clothes including her silk saree in a tub. After sometime, when she took out her saree from the tub to wash, she was surprised to see red patches on it. What are the reasons behind these patches? Suggest Gangu Bai some other ways to apply while washing clothes on a daily basis.
Identify the following activity and write both the benefits and drawbacks of this method.
What sort of disease is measles? Describe some specific symptoms of measles which enable you to diagnose it.
Illustrate four ways each of creating emphasis and harmony in a dress.
Your brother works in a bank and wants to invest one lakh rupees. Suggest him any two schemes which are safe and also provide tax rebate. Mention four other features of each of these two schemes.
Why do most people prefer to use detergents for washing their clothes?
Readymade garments have acquired immense popularity due to various factors. Give a brief description of these factors.
If clothes are a means of projecting one’s personality in the positive light and boosting self-confidence, then it becomes imperative to select and keep clothes properly. Suggest some ways by which maximum benefits can be derived from clothes.
Define depression. What are the causes, symptoms and treatment of depression?
A family’s total monthly income is ten thousand rupees. List all the points that can possibly influence the expenditure of this family.
The decisive steps taken by the government for consumer protection like Right to Information and Right to Basic Needs are steps in the right direction. How does government ensure that these rights are adequately met?
Mr Sharma lives in a joint family comprising of different individuals. Each member has its own particular nutritional needs according to their age, gender, occupation, health status etc. Explain how their meal planning is affected by it.
Woollen clothes have rough scaly surface and if these scales overlap each other, they get entangled which leads to felting. Therefore friction method is not used to wash woollen clothes.
When the economic status of a partner does not match with another partner, especially if the responsibilities are more and money is limited, it affects the marital relations in negative way.
Cognitive skills develop in adolescent when they play games with patience, responsibility and co-operation. Other skills like loyality, leadership traits also develop when they play games in group.
When suffering from fever, Sudha should take high calorie diet and bland or non-spicy foods. Like soups, barley water, lemon water, porridge, custard, pudding, milk foods etc.
The factors like the need for approval, acceptance and the need to have a sense of belonging cause teenagers to succumb to this pressure.
The polio incubation period can be as short as 4 days or as long as 35 days and measles has 8 to 14 days with encephalitis 7 to 10 days after symptoms develop.
While buying fabric from a shopkeeper, a buyer should check the following points to ensure accuracy in length
- Always ensure that the measurement scale is properly marked and has ISI mark.
- Measuring rod shouldn’t be bent or broken.
- Ensure that shopkeeper does not stretch cloth while measuring.
- He should cut the fabric as per the exact measurement.
Polio is a highly contagious disease caused by a virus that attacks the nervous system. Childern younger than 5 years old are more likely to contract the virus than any other group mild fever, pain all over the body, rigidity to the neck, the limbs become loose, facial paralysis, and squiting of eyes.
Symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa are listed below
- Intense fear of gaining weight even when losing weight.
- Counting calories, grams of fat in diet.
- In females, absence of menstrual cycles without another cause.
- Rapid or excessive weight loss.
The importance of Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme for a lactating mother are as follows
- It will give her knowledge about the immunisation programme of her child.
- She will get knowledge about balanced diet, weaning foods and child care.
- It will promote breast feeding.
- It gives instructions on post-natal care.
Both the childrens have different nutritional and educational priorities. For two years daughter she has to take care for his health and nutritional values while ten years old girl i.e. school going to take care for her education and health.
Bonds are debentures which are issued by government or government company. On liquidation (closing) of the company, the creditor is secured and the investor gets his money back.
In the creche of a three years old brother, one will look for the following four facilities
- Hygienic environment
- Trained staff
- First aid facility
- Comfortable sleeping space
The reasons behind the red patches on the saree are as follows
- Soaking of silk saree led to the appearance of patches on it. Silk clothes should not be soaked, they should be washed immediately.
- Gangu Bai might have soaked clothes in hot water and colour leaked.
- She might have soaked clothes in a strong detergent with bleaching agents in it, which caused leakage of colour.
Following precautions need to be applied while washing clothes
- Delicate clothes should be washed separately.
- Light coloured and dark coloured clothes should be soaked separately.
- Quality detergents should be used for washing clothes.
- Use mild soaps and detergents for silk and woollen
In the above figure, boiling method of making water safe for drinking is shown.
Some of its benefits and drawbacks are given below
- Benefits It is a simple method as we can easily do it at home and it does not require any special equipment. Solid substances, hardness and salinity of water can be destroyed through boiling.
- Drawbacks This method is quite time consuming as it takes much time to boil water and then cool it before using. Fuel is required in large amount for this method. This method makes water tasteless and it is cumbersome to boil a large amount of water
Measles is an infection of the respiratory system, immune system and skin caused by a virus. Children are usually affected by this disease.
Hence, for proper diagnosis, it is required to know the common symptoms which are as given below
- Cough with running nose.
- Fever with a feeling of chill.
- Inflamed eyes, very sensitive to light.
- Small red eruptions on face.
- Swelling of nose and eyes.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
Following are the four ways of creating emphasis in a dress
- To create emphasis, buttons, lace, belt etc of contrasting and dark colours may be used.
- Unusual shapes of collars, buttons and pockets etc also create emphasis.
- To emphasise necklines, cuffs or any other part of a garment, these areas should be decorated with embroidery, lace, trims, applique, buttons etc.
- Emphasis can be achieved by continuing changing in intensity from bright to dull.
The four ways of creating harmony in a dress are
- Unity in dress can be achieved by repeated use of lines and shapes.
- There should be unity in texture.
- The prints on different areas such as sleeves, pocket etc should align with those on the body.
- The style lines should be consistent. Energy area of a garment should match its coordinating garment.
Investment is time, energy or matter spent in the hope of future benefits and in order to gain safety and tax rebate. Hence, Public Provident Fund (PPF) and schemes by LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) are the two ways of investment which give more benefit and tax rebate.
The following are the features of the Public Provident Fund
- It gives high rate of interest.
- Premature withdrawal is allowed.
- Its interest is tax free.
- It gives loan facility.
Following are the features of LIC
- Easy and low premium installments,
- It gives a security to the family and future,
- Its interest is tax free.
- It allows the loan facility.
A detergent has cleaning properties in dilute solutions. People prefer to use it because of the following reasons
- It saves time and energy.
- Detergents do not leave deposits on the fabrics.
- Optical brighteners and bleaches present in detergent make fabric bright and white.
- They do not combine with the calcium and magnesium salts of hard water due to the presence of the polar sulfonate of the detergent.
- It readily dissolves in both cold and hot water.
- It needs less water for rinsing clothes.
- Clothes washed in detergents give good aroma after wash.
- It is more effective against body acids and perspiration.
Readymade garments have acquired immense popularity. The reasons behind are
- The readymade garments don’t need stitching time, designing, styling skills etc.
- In today’s fast paced life, everyone is hard pressed for time. So, most of the families resort to purchasing readymade clothing.
- Readymade garments are available in wide range of rates.
- They are easy to wear, wash and maintain, that’s why consumers prefer readymade garments.
- Readymade garments give an option of trial for fitting before purchase.
- Readymade garments have more design options and variety of colour pattern.
- The desire for more clothes among consumers is also a reason for popularity of readymade garments.
- Readymade garments are designed according to the latest fashion so, youngsters prefer them.
In order to get maximum benefit out of clothes in terms of enhancing one’s personality and confidence, one should always keep the following points in mind
- While purchasing clothes, one should consider its affordability, suitability to one’s personality, durability and comfortableness.
- Colour of skin, hair and eyes should also be considered.
- Size and shape of one’s body should also be a criterion while selecting clothes.
- One can select the clothes according to fashion but it should not be blindly followed.
- The clothes should also be according to occasion and weather.
- Proper upkeep of clothes is essential because if the proper care is not taken, the clothes lose their attraction.
- The defects like open seams and loose buttons should be mended on time.
- Washing and handling should be done according to the kind of fabric.
Depression It is the state of feeling low and aversion to activity. It can affect a person’s thought, behaviour, feelings and sense of well-being. It creates a constant feeling of sadness and lack of interest. Depressed adolescents feel sad, anxious, hopeless, worthless, guilty and hurt. They lose interest in the activities which were once pleasurable to them. They face problem in decision-making and concentrating. Depression can lead to emotional and physical problems.
Causes of Depression Some of the causes of depression are listed below
- During adolescence, the adolescents are not able to adjust with peers and family.
- They are not comfortable with the fast changes that are taking place in their body.
- They are not able to accept their physique and feel awkward as they are obese or too skinny.
- When they feel their parents or teachers have high expectations from them and they can’t cope up with it.
Symptoms of Depression Some common symptoms of depression are as follows
- Constant feeling of sadness and emptiness.
- Adolescent feels hopeless and restless.
- Becomes pessimistic.
- Loss of appetite.
Treatment of Depression As soon as the symptoms are seen, treatment should start.
- Professional treatment from doctor should be taken as it reduces the chances of re-occurrence.
- Parents and teachers should not put too much responsibility if they feel that adolescent is unsure of himself.
- They should be praised and encouraged for their small achievement.
- They should be encouraged to take up creative hobbies.
These measures will help the adolescents to adjust in the changed environment.
Many factors that influence the expenditure of the family are given below
- Size of Family A large family will spend more on their living and basic needs than a small family.
- Composition of Family A family comprises of individuals of different age groups. A family with school and college going children spends more on education whereas a family with old age members spends more on medicines.
- Place of Residence Urban families have higher expenditure than those living in rural areas.
- Family Type A joint family has some common things to share like same house, car etc. So, their family expenditure on housing mobility goes down.
- Family Values Value system in a family is one of the most influencial things. A family which values education, will spend more on buying books.
The Right to Information (RTI) is the government’s grievance redressal mechanism through which the government ensures the provision of information about the quality, standard, quantity, purity, price of goods and services. It gives detailed information through labels/leaflets/booklets in order to protect the consumer against the unfair trade practices.
The steps taken by the government in this regard are
- Issuing warning along with advertisement of toxic products, e.g. Cigarette smoking is injurious to health.
- Deceptive packaging prohibition.
- Ensuring that information regarding prices and content is clearly marked out on the packets.
Whereas, The Right to Basic Needs guarantees dignified livelihood which includes adequate food, clothing, health care, drinking water, sanitation, shelter, education, energy and transportation.
The steps taken by government to safeguard consumer rights are given below
- Provision of health care facilities.
- Provision of safe drinking water.
- Provision of low cost housing scheme, e.g. Indira Awas Yojana Scheme.
- Provision of rations at subsidised rates for low income families.
Joint family consists of individuals of different age, gender, occupation “and people with special requirements arising due to pregnancy or fever. Care has to be taken in meal planning to meet the nutritional needs of each member.
It affects meal planning in the following ways
- Age If a family consists of children of 6 to 9 months, then mashed, blend and easily digestible food should be planned. For school going children, protein, calcium and iron-rich food is planned and for adults, iron-rich food is planned.
- Gender A male requires more nutrients than a female.
- Occupation Nature of work defines the requirement of calorie in a person. A person who does heavy work requires more calories than sedentary and moderate workers.
- To Meet Specific Needs If there is a pregnant or lactating woman in a family, she needs more calories, proteins, calcium, iron, folic acid and vitamins. Similarly, family members suffering from fever, diarrhoea need more digestible proteins, carbohydrates, liquids etc.
- Number of Family Members It is important to note that how many members are planning meal and also how many persons are included in meal planning.
We hope the CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Home Science Paper 5 help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Home Science Paper 5, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.